Trades 1/26/10

---
Although the day close in the green yesterday, sentiment seems to the downside.  Myself included, there are many traders on the sidelines waiting to see if the bears will take over or if this is just a momentary glitch in the unsupported rally since November. 

My guess is that the markets will surprise us again and head upward. For protection in either direction, I have set a trailing stop on SVA.  I gave it .25 cents to the down side and it's trailing by  .50 cents to the upside.  If the bears take over, the loss will be tolerable. If there is a decided bull run, the sell stop will be adjusted upward with the price. 

As I mentioned in previous posts, sell stops on QTWW are dangerous.  I have always made money on this stock, and it will run again.  There is nothing fundamentally wrong with this company and it is always good for a volatility play. The trick is, you have to watch it because the spurts are quick and unrelenting.  Like my friend at chribstrades, I usually sell early to my own detriment.

Oil is now right now, yet SSN is recovering from last month's public offering, yet it hit .30 yesterday.


Current Holdings

Symbol
Security
Entry
Last
Change
Exit Plan
QTWW
Stock
1.08
0.915
-0.1376
N/A
SSN
Stock
0.276
0.252
-0.024
N/A
SVA
Stock
7.43
6.97
-0.46
Stop 6.69
UALNO
Option
0.10
0.03
-0.07
N/A


Note: The change column describes the most recent day's change in value.

.

0 comments:

Post a Comment